Fruity Moroccan Lamb Casserole
3lb (1.362kg) Diced lamb shoulder / leg
2 level teaspoons of ground cumin
½ a level teaspoon of ground cloves
2 level teaspoons of ground coriander
2 level teaspoons of dried thyme
4 crushed garlic cloves
6 fluid oz of orange juice
3 table spoons of olive oil
6 oz Dried apricots
3 oz Raisins
10 fluid oz sherry
3 fluid oz of vinegar
- Combine all the marinade ingredients and mix well with the lamb, allow to marinate in the fridge over night.
- Combine all the additional ingredients and allow them to marinate at room temperature overnight.
- Remove meat and retain the marinade. Brown the meat off in a heavy bottomed casserole dish.
- Once browned add 4 tablespoons of flour, the retained marinade and 1 pint of lamb stock.
- Add the additional ingredients – fruit mix. Bring to boil, season and cook at 160 C for 1¼ hours
- Serve with cou cous, decorated with sliced almonds and parsley