Here’s a great quick recipe for a Hearty Beef stew. You don’t have to sear off the meat first with this recipe which saves a lot of time, the flavour of the finished dish is still superb.
A Quicky Hearty Beef Stew
3 bay leaves
500g Diced beef
500ml ale, Guinness or stout
2 sticks of celery sliced
2 carrots sliced
2 onions chopped
1 tbsp Olive oil
Heaped tablespoon of plain flour
Tablespoon tomato purée
1 x 400g tin chopped tomatoes
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Pre heat the oven to 180c or 160c for fan
- Saute the vegetables and bay leaves for ten minutes in the olive oil.
- Put in beef and flour and stir.
- Put in the remaining ingredients and stir.
- Add seasoning and bring to boil.
- Put on lid. Simmer in oven for 2 ½ hours.
- For an additional ½ hour remove lid and leave in oven.
- Check seasoning before serving