A delicious recipe, a bit like home made baked beans and sausage but with a hint of smokiness from the smoked Paprika
AM Smoky Sausage Casserole
3 tbsp Vegetable Oil
12 Quality Pork Sausage (Albert’s Originals)
Half a finely diced onion
3 cloves of garlic finely chopped
1 tablespoon of onion powder
1 tablespoon of garlic salt
1 and a half teaspoons of smoked paprika
salt and pepper
2 tins of cannellini beans, drained
700ml of tomato Passata
250ml of chicken stock
3 tablespoons of light brown sugar
1 tablespoon of tomato puree
3 tablespoons of white wine vinegar
quarter bunch of chopped flat leaf parsley
2 tablespoons of unsalted butter.
- Pre heat the over to 130 degrees Celsius
- Heat the oil, on a medium heat, in a large cast iron, oven proof pot. Brown off the sausage and then place to one side.
- Add the onion, garlic, onion powder, garlic salt, smoked paprika, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring until the onion starts to turn translucent and the spices become fragrant. 3 to 5 minutes.
- Put the sausage back into the pot with the onion, herbs and spices and add the cannellini beans, passata and chicken stock. simmer for 10 mins.
- Now stir in the brown sugar, tomato purée and vinegar and bring back to simmer.
- Cover, transfer to the oven, and cook for 1 hour.
- To finish place the pot on a low heat and stir in the parsley and butter. Serve or keep warm in a low oven until ready to serve.
- Great served with toasted ciabatta